Saturday, May 3, 2008

welcome to our new home!

Welcome to Team Hartwell! The title of our new blog is probably self-evident, but I'll add a little story to up the cuteness factor. As most of you know, we met at music camp (yes, we tell everyone we met at band camp) where we quickly learned we'd be working together as the Dean and Associate Dean of Students. From day 1, we worked beautifully as a team. Every time we discussed how to approach something (a student discipline issue, how many sundae toppings to buy for the ice cream social), we'd often end our conversations with "Go team!" When we got engaged (a scant 6 months later), we started calling ourselves Team Hartwell. I guess the rest is history?

I told Seth I thought it would make a great name for our new blog. His response: "We'll get t-shirts."

We thought a blog about our family -- currently consisting of the two of us plus our adored kitties, Luke & Leia -- would be a fun way for our family and friends far and wide to keep in touch. We hope you enjoy this glimpse into our lives!

4 comments:

kristine said...

Cute new blog with a cute little name. I have a feed that shows me where you came from - so obviously, I had to click on "Team Hartwell" - knowing it would be you!

Marketing Mama said...

Wow - a married couple blog - will you both be posting? :)

EDH said...

Hmmm, Missy, I doubt it. This'll mostly be my blog, I'd guess, but suitable for viewing by both sets of friends & families. Let's just call me the official Team Hartwell spokesperson. ;)

Emilie said...

I love the picture of the two of you - cute!