Wednesday, May 14, 2008

raindrops on roses & whiskers on kittens

Leia and I had a moment last night. We've been on the outs lately, mainly due to her recent pooping problem. We got a new kind of litter recently, and she really doesn't like it. (It's noisier/crunchier than the old kind, and we think she doesn't like not being able to sneak in and out of her litter box as usual. She prefers stealth.) Therefore, she's gone on strike and has pooped twice on the laundry room rug. Our kitties normally have impeccable bathroom manners, so this is very unusual and VERY ANNOYING. (And, obviously, we'll be getting more of the old litter soon.)

Last night, though, I was awakened by a loud clap of thunder, and then Leia came tumbling onto our bed and immediately snuggled up to me. It was just like that scene in The Sound of Music when all the kids come running into Maria's room because they're scared of the thunderstorm. She climbed onto my chest and I stroked her until she fell asleep. We stayed like that for an hour, maybe two (unfortunately, I couldn't get back to sleep, but that is another story). Maybe I should have sung "Raindrops on Roses" to her... but I didn't want to wake Seth up.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love the sound of music!

Another NY thought... of course, it is another one to do with food, so maybe I'm only making it more difficult for you, what to choose. But anyhow, the Shake Shack in madison square park has great burgers & milkshakes. It's a little place in the middle of the park and all seating is outside in the park. Lots of fun.