I'm not trying to start a debate here (though I'm up for it if you are), but I am absolutely ecstatic about this.
And to the spokesperson from Concerned Women for America, who had this to say:
We know that it's in the best interest of children to be raised with a mother and a father. To use children as guinea pigs in radical San Francisco-style social experimentation is deplorable.
Whoever you are, I invite you to come spend one day in my office with me. Hell, it won't take a full day. Maybe two hours, tops. And after you've seen what a damn mess a mother and father can make of a child's life, I dare you to say that a loving same-sex couple cannot offer a better home. Anyone who is capable, nurturing, and mature can be a good parent. Gender has absolutely zero to do with it.
4 comments:
Amen!
I am thrilled about this, too. My uncle sent out an email yesterday afternoon saying how thrilled he was that he could finally get married and have it be recognized (at least for now) It's a wonderful, wonderful thing!
I got a chill down my spine when I saw the news! I'm so happy for everyone this will affect.
Found your blog through my sister in law - MonkeyMama.
Wanted to comment this great post. It makes me happy to see others and especially others outside of our state embracing this fantastic decision.
Because GLBT populations are the minority, it's increasingly more important for heterosexual people like us to stand up for their rights!
Thanks for posting.
Post a Comment