We get a weekly e-newsletter from our beloved church in Minneapolis that contains some thoughts for the week. This week's newsletter just came and included this passage I wanted to share:
A great teacher of preaching, Fred Craddock, said, "Most of us will not get a chance this week to christen a ship, write a book, end a war, appoint a cabinet, dine with a queen, convert a nation, or be burned at the stake. More likely this week will present no more than a chance to give a cup of water, write a note, visit a nursing home, vote for a county commissioner, teach a Sunday School class, share a meal, tell a child a story, go to choir practice, and feed the neighbor's cat. Those things, my friends, done in the Spirit and love of Christ are the true riches. 'Whoever is faithful in a very little is faithful also in much.'"
I think I sometimes putter along in life waiting for big opportunities to present themselves. So often I forget that every day is momentous.
3 comments:
I love this, thanks for sharing.
Very nice, Liz, thanks!
oh, that's wonderful!! mother Teresa of Calcutta said something like, "There are no great deeds, only small deeds done with great love."
Makes me feel better about not having joined the Peace Corps!
Post a Comment