It's been almost a month since my last post! Ugh... how did that happen?
Not much is new here. I'm crazy busy at work right now, though that should ease up by tomorrow. Seth just returned from six days with his guy friends from college (first to Indianapolis, then to Chicago by way of their college campus). He had fun sampling microbrews, deep dish pizza, and the Cubbies while I... did not. That's okay, though - he thoroughly deserved the trip and a break from his busy full-time gig as Anna's Daddy! We're glad to have him home!
I'm not going to lie: I could use a vacation. The last time I took off from work was my maternity leave, which I think we can all agree is wonderful, but does not qualify as R&R. Having said that, it is really restful to have summer weekends free. Instead of traveling and lots of running around, we have spent a relaxing summer just hanging out on the weekends, enjoying our sweet baby girl.
And speaking of Anna, she is amazing as ever. She loved her first experience with solid food - bananas, sweet potatoes, apples, and pears have all met with her approval. Avocados or green beans are up next. I need to upload pictures and will do that soon, including (hopefully) a short video clip of Anna's latest trick: blowing raspberries. Warning: a six-month-old blowing raspberries is about the funniest thing ever captured on video (although you might not be able to hear her as I am probably laughing hysterically)!
Tomorrow Seth and I go to Santa Fe for an early anniversary date, first to Cafe Pasqual, then to the Santa Fe Opera. We can't wait! (A big thanks to both sets of grandparents for providing the opera tickets and the baby-sitting!) So that will be a wonderful mini-break for us. And next week we celebrate four years of married bliss!
1 comment:
I hope you and Seth had a wonderful anniversary. I was thinking of you on the 20th. Glad to hear all is well.
Post a Comment