My friend Amy, who lost her brother Greg a couple of years ago, posted this lovely passage on her blog:
I am thankful for my extended family and my close friends, and for the outpouring of love they have given me over these difficult years since losing my brother. As I mentioned last year, this is a holiday of mixed emotions for me. It brings to mind the things I have lost, which threatens to overpower thoughts of the many things I still have to be thankful for. But I do have so many blessings in my life. This year, above all things, I am thankful.
I couldn't have said it any better. And this year, I am thankful for many things and people: my wonderful family, my beautiful friends, my fulfilling career, my health, my home, and most of all, my incredible husband and our little daughter that we are so excited to meet. I have wanted to be a mother since I was practically a baby myself, and I am overwhelmed with gratitude that my dream is coming true... and that I get to share it with someone who is a fantastic person & partner, and will be a phenomenal father. I am very blessed.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment