Tuesday, October 7, 2008

a couple of photos

Here's our daughter's (unfinished) room!

This photo shows the paint color really well. I absolutely love how it turned out - it's cheerful yet soothing, which is a rare combination! (And isn't Seth a fabulous painter??) The crib is definitely not this orange in person - it looks identical to teak (which is what the dresser is - it was mine as a child).


I have no idea why this picture is so dark, except that it was a rare cloudy day. Usually this room gets a lot of light! Anyway, you can see the true color of the crib a little better here. It doesn't look like it from this picture, but there is room by the window (on the other side of the crib) for a chair, which we are getting from IKEA.

And yes, at some point we will start putting things in dresser drawers instead of laying them all out on top of the dresser.

Obviously, it's not finished yet. (For one thing, apparently you need a mattress for the crib...) Stay tuned!

7 comments:

Marketing Mama said...

Liz - great color, great crib! Looks like it will be a perfect room for your daughter! :)

kristine said...

I absoulytely love the wall color. It's beautiful!! I can't wait to see the finished result!

Kelley said...

It's gorgeous! I love the crib. (I love all teak furniture!)
That's going to be one happy little baby, growing up in such a cozy nest.

Emilie said...

That color looks really pretty, Liz! The room looks calming and cozy. I can't wait to see more. :)

Emily Kahnert said...

Thanks for posting the pictures! I love the color and furniture, of course - you always have exquisite taste. How about more pictures of the mommy-to-be? I can't wait to see your little tummy!!! (By the way, I know you figured it out, but this is Emily, not Brett!)

Barbara Marincel said...

The room looks fabulous! I love the color--perfect for a baby's room. It must be so exciting to be getting the house ready for your little girl's arrival!

LutherLiz said...

Love the color and the crib. How exciting to have the room coming together! Hope you are feeling great!