I was really hungry this afternoon and had already eaten all of my lunch and snacks (!), so I headed to the Subway two floors down from my office. (Note: I only got yogurt and a cookie, not an entire sandwich, but that's not really the point of this story.) As I was standing in line, I noticed a couple in front of me with their little girl. The father was wearing a backpack with a Medtronic logo on it, so I struck up a conversation (it's a Minneapolis-based company). Turns out, they are from the Twin Cities. Then I thought, wow, he looks just like my friend Emilie's husband. So I asked, "This is kind of a crazy question, but..." Turns out, yup, it was Emilie's brother- and sister-in-law Bruce and Anna and their daughter, in town for a conference. And to make matters even funnier, I have been to their house before for Emilie's baby shower!
It's not every day you meet strangers at Subway who turn out to be people whose bathroom you've used!
6 comments:
It is a small world. That's crazy!
Um, yeah, that's pretty freakin' random. And amazing!!!
Wow ... that is so funny! I knew they were going to be in New Mexico, but of all places they'd stop ... and at the very same time you did. What a crazy universe!
To be fair, my office is right across the street from the convention center, so I guess if they were here for a convention it's not so odd that they would have gone there. But the most astonishing thing to me is that it wasn't even lunchtime! It was around 2 or 3 in the afternoon. What are the chances?!
that is totally random! Still it is really cool!
LMAO!!!! It's a small world!
Post a Comment