The perfect post-carving snack!
Wash & dry pumpkin seeds. Spread out on a rimmed cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 350*.
Take out of the oven and pour 1/4 cup veg oil over the seeds to lightly coat.
Then mix in toppings. Last year we tried garlic salt plus cayenne pepper. This year we used cinnamon and sugar. Mix in about 2 tsp. of whatever type of toppings you choose.
Once you've mixed in the toppings, spread back out on the cookie sheet and bake at 300*. My recipe said 30 minutes but I took them out after 15 and that seemed plenty (last year I burned them).
Delish. (Note: these are pretty high-calorie. But healthy, so long as you don't smother them in sugar, I guess!)
1 comment:
Yum, I've never tried cinnamon & sugar! Maybe next year.
We soak ours in a salt brine overnight, then toss them in a little butter or olive oil (this year we split our batch and did half with each), then spread them on a sheet, added a little more salt over them, and roasted. The salt brine brings out yummy flavor!
Post a Comment