- Knit a scarf
- Sew a simple project—pillow cover, drapes, apron, etc.
- Learn how to roast a chicken (I am told this is easy; for some reason it intimidates me)
- Lose 20 more pounds. (I’ve lost 47 pounds since last year. Of course, I was 36 weeks pregnant on my last birthday so it sounds a lot more impressive than it really is! I can’t say I recommend labor & delivery as a weight loss strategy. It’s fast, but it’s kind of hard.)
- Start a college fund for Anna
- Do our wills & health care directives
- Finish the wills & health care directives I was working on for my parents the day before Anna was born (sorry, Mom & Dad)
- Get really comfortable shooting in manual mode on our camera
- Watch the Oscar Best Picture nominees
- Join a CSA and/or buy more local produce
- Read Seth’s favorite book, Watership Down
- Make a photo book of Anna’s first year
- Floss my teeth every day
- Send birthday cards on time
- Have date nights with Seth once a week, even if they are at home!
- Do something special for our five-year anniversary
- Throw Anna’s first birthday party
- Update all our life insurance policies
- Really clean out my closet and give away clothes that don’t fit or that I no longer wear (I am moderately good about this, but could always be better)
- Actually try yoga (I have a DVD that came highly recommended, but apparently just having the DVD doesn’t count as doing yoga)
- Dip my baby toe into the stock market
- Start doing guardian ad litem work
- Run a 5K (Ha! Hahaha! But I thought I should challenge myself… ‘cause the knitting and sewing weren’t enough, I guess.)
- Dust off my cello and re-learn some of the Bach cello suites
- Organize my photos
- Get frames for the miscellaneous artwork lying around
- Keep a gratefulness journal
- Find a signature dessert that I can learn to bake really well
- Learn more about wine
- Finish bottles of things (shampoo, cleaning products, etc.) before buying new ones
- Read Crime and Punishment and Anna Karenina, two books I own but have never finished
- Figure out what I want to do with my life (actually I think this is a lifelong pursuit, but I’ll include it here anyway, mostly for the sake of finishing this list!)
Whew! Now wish me luck! ![]()
No comments:
Post a Comment