Tuesday, July 8, 2008

today in sports news...

This isn’t a surprise to some of you, but we think it’s finally safe to announce that, to borrow Sarah’s language, we will be drafting a rookie for Team Hartwell in late January! (If you don’t speak sports talk, like me, that means: we’re having a baby!)

After 28 months of charting, 14 months of trying, and many tests/procedures, our doctor told us it was time to start IUI/IVF. (As it happened, with our particular issue, they probably would have wanted to skip right to IVF.) Lo and behold, three weeks after getting this very discouraging news, a miracle happened.

I’m 10 weeks, 4 days along now, and we had an ultrasound yesterday which finally allowed us to be excited about the whole thing. (We've discovered that when pregnancy is hard to come by, it’s almost impossible not to feel anything but cautious and anxious at first.) Finally, we saw the baby moving and waving at us yesterday, and we breathed a sigh of relief… although I’m told that parents never breathe normally ever again!

I’m feeling much better than I have in the last few weeks, and we are telling the world. Except I’m not going to share with my office for a few more weeks (if possible), so if you know my boss, please don’t tell him! I'm pretty sure they just think I need to lay off the doughnuts.

17 comments:

Monkeymama said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!

I'm so happy for you! Seriously, every time I see the notification in my rss reader that your blog updated I think, "Will this be the post?" And today it was. :)

I hope the 1st trimester hasn't been too rough on you. Many prayers for a calm, easy pregnancy and a safe delivery.

Amy said...

Congratulations, Liz! I am so happy for you :)

LutherLiz said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and Seth. We've been hoping and praying for this news for you guys for a long time. I hope that your pregnancy goes easily and that your little rookie grows healthy and strong. I'm so excited for you guys!

Kristie said...

That is such wonderful news!! Congratulations to you and Seth!

Vicki (aka Kodi's mommy) said...

Congratulations Liz! What wonderful, exciting news!

kristine said...

Oh Liz! I am crying!! I am so excited and happy for you. I, too, hope your first trimester is easy on you.
Oh, and you are right... you never will breathe normally again!

Marketing Mama said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!! What wonderful news - I'm so excited for you!

Emily said...

YAY!! I am so thrilled for you - what an exciting time. Congratulations and I am glad you are feeling a little better :)

Kelley said...

Yaaaaaaaay! We're so excited for you and Seth, and cannot WAIT to meet the little munchkin (or munchkinette, as the case may be)!

Emilie said...

Yay, Liz and Seth! We're all so very excited for you over here and can't wait to welcome little Rookie Hartwell!

jessicah.duckworth said...

Ahhhhhhh...deep sigh! Thanks so much for sharing this glorious news. We just returned from vacation today and this is the best part of my night. Looking forward to the journey. Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations! You and Seth will be awesome parents!

Eric, Cindy and Aidan said...

Liz and Seth -- Completely awesome news! How very exciting! I hope the next 30 weeks go by very quickly for you!

Unknown said...

YAY!!! if I could do a cartwheel I would!!!

enjoy- we are so happy for you!!!

Soupy said...

I"m late here to wish you congrats, but YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! what an exciting time and I know all too well the "reservations" about being too excited,but enjoy every second- it does go by faster than you''ll know!!!! :)

Barbara Marincel said...

OMG, honey, that's WONDERFUL!! I am so excited for you guys! :)

Sara @ Happy Apple said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!